2015 NYIB Conference scholarship opportunity announced for MS CU professionals
Posted June 29, 2015
The Mississippi Credit Union Association is partnering with Corporate One Federal Credit Union to award conference scholarships to two Mississippi credit union professionals* to attend the 2015 National Youth Involvement Board (NYIB) conference in San Antonio, Texas, from July 29-31!
If you’re not familiar with the purpose of the NYIB, here’s a brief snapshot of their history: In 1972, the NYIB was created to obtain grassroots input from individuals working in credit unions/leagues and to create a national system for the dissemination of information and resources regarding youth participation in the credit union movement. Today, the NYIB continues to contribute to the future of credit unions by:
- Serving as a resource of youth marketing materials and ideas for the credit union movement
- Encouraging excitement and commitment to youth financial literacy
- Creating leadership opportunities for the credit union movement
- Developing strategic alliances that benefit the credit union movement in keeping with the NYIB mission
- Providing an educational conference that is in keeping with the NYIB mission
Attending this conference is an excellent opportunity for credit union professionals to equip themselves with the tools they need for youth outreach & financial literacy! To be considered for a scholarship, please take a few moments to fill out the application form and return it by July 2, 2015.
2015 NYIB Scholarship Application Form.
*Limit of one scholarship recipient per credit union.