MSCUA Announces Board, Recognizes Members
Posted June 4, 2014
MISSISSIPPI CU ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES BOARD, RECOGNIZES MEMBERS
Biloxi, Miss. (05/15/14) -- The Mississippi Credit Union Association held its Annual Meeting & Convention on May 15-17 at the Beau Rivage Resort in Biloxi, Miss. Attendance included nearly 600 credit union professionals, volunteers & guests.
During the event, the Association board was announced and credit union awards and recognitions were presented.
MSCUA board elections include:
- Four MSCUA directors were re-elected to a three year term: Billy Bridges, Mutual CU; Steve Pollman, Magnolia FCU; Elmer Dickens, Gulf Coast Community FCU; and Brig Gen Richard Moss (Retired), Keesler FCU.
- Elected to fill un-expired terms were Chris Hammond, Central Sunbelt FCU (two year term) and Kathy Scarbrough, Navigator CU (one year term).
The MSCUA board officers are:
- Chairman James B. Smith, Jr., Singing River FCU
- Vice Chairman Billy Bridges, Mutual CU
- Treasurer Ray Scott, USM FCU
- Past Chairman John Gibbons, Triangle FCU
During the event, four individuals were given the state’s highest honor, induction into the Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame:
- Lonnie Boykins, director, Mutual Credit Union (38 years of service)
- James Dewey, director, Gulf Coast Community FCU (41 years of service)
- Charles McNair, director, Magnolia Federal Credit Union (38 years of service)
- James Ware, director, Gulf Coast Community FCU (41 years of service)
Additional recognitions during the meeting included:
- Recognized for service anniversaries were First Neshoba FCU (50), Forrest-Petal Educational FCU (50), MS Highway Safety Patrol (50), Northeast MS FCU (50), and Navigator CU (75).
- Advocacy Awards, which recognize credit union’s legislative and political advocacy efforts, were also presented. Receiving a Magnolia Advocacy Award were Central Sunbelt FCU, Magnolia FCU, Meridian Mutual FCU, Navigator CU and Singing River FCU. Receiving a Delta Advocacy Award were Gulf Coast Community FCU, Hope CU, Jackson Area FCU, Keesler FCU, Members Exchange CU, Mississippi Postal Employees FCU, Mississippi Telco FCU, MUNA FCU and Mutual CU.
- Jackson Area FCU received an award for being the top Credit Unions for Kids fundraiser last year.
- Keesler FCU was recognized for their 2013 Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Program Award.
- Recognized for being nominated for Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame induction consideration were Lionel Blum, Gulf Coast Community FCU; Dennis Florreich, Meridian Mutual FCU; Joe Krebs, Navigator CU; and H.C. “Bunky” Partridge, Meridian Mutual FCU.
- Kaye Ray, Central Sunbelt FCU, was recognized for her service on the MSCUA Board of Directors.
- Tricia McMullen, MSCUA Executive Assistant, was recognized for 15 years of service with the Association.
- Elizabeth Edmondson, Credit Union Development Specialist, was recognized for 7 years of service with the Association.
- William Bynum, Hope FCU CEO, was recognized for his 2014 induction into the Credit Union House Hall of Leaders.
The 2015 MSCUA Annual Meeting & Convention is scheduled for May 14 – 16 in Biloxi, Miss.