Award & Recognition Opportunities
Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame
The Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame was established to recognize credit union leaders who have given outstanding lifetime service on behalf of credit unions. In order to be considered for Hall of Fame induction, a person must first be nominated. A suggested (but not concrete) guideline for nomination is 25+ years of service or unusual achievements/service on behalf of credit unions. Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame categories include Lifetime Volunteer Achievement (for volunteers, active or retired) and Lifetime Professional Achievement (for executives/employees, active or retired).
To nominate someone, submit the nomination form linked below. Hall of Fame nominations can be submitted at any time, but are due no later than FEBRUARY 15 of the current year in order to be considered for induction that year.
Advocacy Award Program
Recognizes credit unions & individuals that participate in advocacy initiatives structured in defense of the credit union movement. Simply complete 3 or more advocacy initiatives in a calendar year for recognition. Learn more about the Advocacy Awards here.
CUNA's National Awards Program
CUNA's National Award Programs are designed to recognize credit unions which demonstrate very specific, unique and distinguished activities that set them apart from the crowd in the areas of social responsibility (the Dora Maxwell Award), the credit union philosophy (the Louise Herring Award), and financial education (the Desjardins Awards).
To streamline the submission process, there is one standardized format and online submission process for credit unions.
Award program & entry details:
- Mississippi award entries must be completed & uploaded to the online award entry site no later than JUNE 30 of the current year for judging. The award entry site will close on June 30; please make sure you have completed your entry prior to that date. All entries must be submitted electronically.
- When compiling your entry, please keep in mind that judges look for only the most "extraordinary projects with well-defined, measurable goals" to recognize. Entries should be for a unique undertaking; fund-raising and supporting national charities are worthy projects but are not easily distinquished from other credit union's projects. Because focusing on one extraordinary project with well-defined, measurable goals makes the judging & scoring more equitable, the CUNA National Award Program requires you to complete your entry with this criteria in mind.
- There is a is $50 entry fee per entry, per category.
- If you have questions regarding the new electronic entry method, the time period the awards cover, etc., use the FAQ link at the top of the awards pages.
- If you'd like to get a feel for award-winning activities, use the Previous Winners link at the top of the awards pages.
- Submission Instructions: You will automatically establish an account when you create an application to submit your first project by clicking on a link below. You may save your work and return to the submission site as often as needed as long as you complete and submit all parts of the project submission by the June 30 deadline. To enter, choose the link for the category you wish to enter: