Award & Recognition Opportunities
Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame
The Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame was established to recognize credit union leaders who have given outstanding lifetime service on behalf of credit unions. In order to be considered for Hall of Fame induction, a person must first be nominated. A suggested (but not concrete) guideline for nomination is 25+ years of service or unusual achievements/service on behalf of credit unions. Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame categories include Lifetime Volunteer Achievement (for volunteers, active or retired) and Lifetime Professional Achievement (for executives/employees, active or retired).
To nominate someone, submit the nomination form linked below. Hall of Fame nominations can be submitted at any time, but are due no later than FEBRUARY 15 of the current year in order to be considered for induction that year.
Advocacy Award Program
Recognizes credit unions & individuals that participate in advocacy initiatives structured in defense of the credit union movement. Simply complete 3 or more advocacy initiatives in a calendar year for recognition. Learn more about the Advocacy Awards here.
National Credit Union Recognition Award Programs
CUNA's National Award programs are designed to encourage and recognize distinguished credit unions which demonstrate social responsibility (the Dora Maxwell Award), the credit union philosophy (the Louise Herring Award), and financial education (the Desjardins Awards).
New for 2015
In an effort to streamline the submission process for our member credit unions and to reduce financial and human resources spent on the submission process, CUNA and the Leagues have collaborated to produce one standardized format and online submission process for our member credit unions.
Award program & entry details:
- Mississippi award entries are due no later than August 14th of the current year for state-level competition judging.
- A suggested timeframe for the activities covered in your entry is from May of the previous year to May of the current year. (May - May)
- When compiling your entry, please keep in mind that judges look for only the most "extraordinary projects with well-defined, measurable goals" to recognize. Entries should be for a unique undertaking; fund-raising and supporting national charities are worthy projects but are not easily distinquished from other credit union's projects. Please read the "Message from CUNA's Award Committee" below for more tips on preparing a good entry.
- All entries must be submitted electronically. To enter, click here to go to the Awards Program Home Page, then use the Submission Link(s) for the award category you wish to enter.
- There is a is $50 entry fee per entry, per category.
- If you have questions regarding the new electronic entry method, use the "Instructions & FAQ" link at the top of the Awards Program Home Page.
- If you'd like to get a feel for award-winning activities in your credit union's asset category, use the "winners" link at the top of the Awards Program Home Page.
Message from CUNA's Award Committee: