Award & Recognition Opportunities
Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame
The Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame recognizes the commitment, leadership and dedication that deserving individuals have made to the credit union movement. Tenure of service, contributions, achievements and the impact the individual has made not only at their respective credit union(s), but also in the industry, are among the considerations. The inductee(s) for the current year receive special recognition at our Annual Meeting & Convention, which is held in May of each year. Hall of Fame nominations can be submitted at any time, but are due no later than April 1st in the current year for current year induction consideration.
Advocacy Award Program
Recognizes credit unions & individuals that participate in advocacy initiatives structured in defense of the credit union movement. Simply complete 3 or more advocacy initiatives in a calendar year for recognition. Learn more about the Advocacy Awards here.
National Credit Union Recognition Award Programs
The Mississippi Credit Union Association and the Credit Union National Association are pleased to sponsor recognition programs for credit unions: the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award Program, and the Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award & the Desjardins Financial Education Awards. Please note:
- Award entries are due to MSCUA no later than August 1st of the current year for state-level competition judging.
- Entries should be mailed to 1400 Lakeover Road, Ste. 200, Jackson, MS 39213-8000.
- A suggested timeframe for the activities covered in your entry is from May of the previous year to May of the current year. (May - May)
- When compiling your entry, please keep in mind that judges look for only the most "extraordinary projects with well-defined, measurable goals" to recognize. Read the "Message from CUNA's Award Committee" below for more tips on preparing a good entry.
- If you'd like to get a feel for award winning activities in your credit union's asset category, click here then click on the "2013 Dora Maxwell/Louise Herring Award Winner Summaries" link to read about last year's winners.
National Award Programs & Entry Forms:
- Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award recognizes model credit union efforts to strengthen local institutions and materially improve the lives of nonmembers through community outreach programs (other than personal finance education): Maxwell Entry Forms & Information
- Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Member Service Award recognizes model credit union efforts to materially improve members’ lives through programs (other than personal finance education): Herring Award Entry Forms & Information
- Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award & Adult Financial Education Award recognizes model credit union financial education efforts: Desjardins Entry Forms & Information
Message from CUNA's Award Committee: