Award & Recognition Opportunities
Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame
The Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame recognizes the commitment, leadership and dedication that deserving individuals have made to the credit union movement. Tenure of service, contributions, achievements and the impact the individual has made not only at their respective credit union(s), but also in the industry, are among the considerations. The inductee(s) for the current year receive special recognition at our Annual Meeting & Convention, which is held in May of each year. Hall of Fame nominations can be submitted at any time, but are due no later than April 1st in the current year for current year induction consideration.
Advocacy Award Program
Recognizes credit unions & individuals that participate in advocacy initiatives structured in defense of the credit union movement. Simply complete 3 or more advocacy initiatives in a calendar year for recognition. Learn more about the Advocacy Awards here.
National Credit Union Recognition Award Programs
The Mississippi Credit Union Association and the Credit Union National Association are pleased to offer recognition programs for credit unions: the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award Program, the Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award & the Desjardins Financial Education Awards. Please note:
- Award entries are due no later than August 14th of the current year for state-level competition judging.
- There is a is $50 entry fee per entry, per category.
- Effective this year (2015), all entries must be submitted electronically. To enter, go to the Award Program Home Page and use the Submission Link(s).
- A suggested timeframe for the activities covered in your entry is from May of the previous year to May of the current year. (May - May)
- When compiling your entry, please keep in mind that judges look for only the most "extraordinary projects with well-defined, measurable goals" to recognize. Read the "Message from CUNA's Award Committee" below for more tips on preparing a good entry.
- If you'd like to get a feel for award winning activities in your credit union's asset category, use the "winners" link at the top of the Awards Program Home Page.
Message from CUNA's Award Committee: