Mississippi credit unions wishing to post employment opportunities on the Association website should submit specific wording for their posting, along with instructions on how to apply, to email@example.com. When the position has been filled, please notify MSCUA so that we may remove the posting.
Please scroll down the page for details on the following positions:
- Assistant Branch Manager (North MS)
- Assistant Vice President of Collections (Biloxi)
- Chief Operating Officer (Jackson)
- President (Hattiesburg)
- Computer Programmer (Pascagoula)
- Branch Manager (Louisville, MS)
- Consumer Loan Underwriter (Laurel)
- Mortgage Manager (Laurel)
Assistant Branch Manager
Posted April 20, 2015
An $18M, full service credit union with locations in Southaven and Senatobia, Mississippi is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. The credit union is dedicated to providing prompt, courteous and friendly service to its members. The credit union has consistently been awarded the Bauer Financial Reports highest rating (5 stars), designating the credit union as one of the most financially sound in the country.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/CEO in the day-to-day management of the credit union
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, knowledgeable and courteous member service
- Responsible for monitoring of cash operations and internal-auditing efforts to maintain asset security and operational limits
- Responsible for compliance and reviews of all required policies, practices and procedures
- Works with the Operations Manager in mentoring, developing, and training employees to maintain skills, strong cohesion, high morale, and high performance levels
- Leads and supports employees in the promotion of existing products and services; and cross sales of same services
- Promotes credit union business development within the community and seeks to broaden member base
- Assists with collections and reporting of same
- Supports and performs duties related to loan processing, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and direct deposit functions. Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of credit union and/or banking lending practices, principles and regulations
- Experience in member service operations, preferably in a credit union
- Experience in responding effectively to highly sensitive, complex and/or urgent member requests
- Experience in supervising and leading employees
- Experience in credit union industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a group atmosphere
- Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Interested applicants should not contact the credit union directly. Please respond with a letter of interest along with a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Vice President of Collections
Keesler Federal Credit Union, headquarter on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Collections. This position is a senior level position which reports directly to the Vice President of Consumer Lending. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the overall functions of the Collections Department, which consists of supervising all personnel and ensuing work flow and methods comply with the credit union’s established guidelines to ensure maximum loan loss prevention; maintaining acceptable delinquencies and charge off levels as set forth by senior management; ensuring that all collection, foreclosure, repossession, counseling, bankruptcy and legal activities conform to all legal and internal policies; implementing systems that ensure an effective and efficient delinquency control system, including but not limited to accounts that are in the delinquency pipeline, P&L accounts, repossession accounts and bankrupt accounts; overseeing asset dispositions and workout loan requests, including real estate; managing real estate collections including but not limited to mortgage modifications, REO management, and foreclosure process; efficient management of the repossession fleet, including but not limited to movement of vehicles to the auction, preparing vehicles for sale to the public, and approving bids on repossessions within credit union guidelines; reviewing and recommending accounts for charge off to senior management; determining the best means of recovery of charge off loans and ensuring they are worked properly by the staff, collection agency or attorney; reviewing potential judgment accounts and recommends them to senior management for approval; keeping up with the changing Bankruptcy Laws in relation to how they could affect the credit union and updates personnel as needed; maintaining up-to-date knowledge concerning credit laws, collection laws, effective collection strategies, and legal remedies; coaching and mentoring the staff to assist in or personally handling the resolution of problems on difficult collection accounts in the best interest of the credit union; ensuring that department employees are following collection, repossession, foreclosure, bankruptcy, legal, recovery, collection agency use, risk management, subpoena, levy, garnishment, and clerical policies and procedures; reviewing all collection queues on a regular basis to ensure that accounts are being worked ; reporting daily/weekly/monthly regarding delinquency, repossessions, bankruptcies, recoveries, foreclosures, and charge offs and ensuring full utilization of Collections Technology to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Minimum requirements: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Five to eight years of similar or related experience, with a minimum of five years collection experience and minimum of three years collection management experience. Applicant must be bondable, possess adequate knowledge of collection laws and regulations, possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record and have the ability to communicate effectively with members, credit union employees, and credit union officials and explain technical concepts in layman terms. Applicants must have the ability to supervise, train, and motivate staff to meet departmental goals, be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as use of internet and e-mail. Collections package experience with proficiency in queue management and extensive use of personal PC required.
Keesler Federal Credit Union is an EOE. Disabled/Veteran/M/F.
Applicants may apply online at www.kfcu.org.
Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.)
To direct the delivery of services to the members directly through the branch network; charged with achieving the organizational goals; participate in the development and implementation of organizational strategic plans and ensure compliance within the organization to Credit Union policies, procedures and Federal Regulations. This position is also responsible to develop objectives, policies and programs for marketing activities of the Credit Union and to plan, direct and coordinate the efforts of marketing and sales toward the accomplishment of overall objectives. The C.O.O. will also assist in the development of overall training activities. This position is considered part of the Executive Management Team and will serve as Interim President under the Credit Union’s succession plan.
Read the full job decription and required experience, knowledge and skills here. Please read the entire job description prior to applying. Those resumes received that do not meet the minimum prerequisite experience or prerequisite requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls please. To apply, submit your resume to email@example.com or apply on www.indeed.com by searching for Brightview Credit Union.
Credit Union President
Hattiesburg Laurel Federal Credit Union is seeking a highly motivated leader to plan, direct and control all credit union activities in accordance with credit union plans, policies, directives, and activities as established by the board of directors. Responsibilities include ensuring financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, the employees, and the credit union; providing strategic direction, vision, leadership, and management in all areas; and fostering a team approach to credit union operations with staff and board of directors.
Executive experience in a financial institution, a business degree, budgeting, and supervisory experience is desired.
No phone calls please. A letter of interest, resume, and salary history may be sent to: CEO Search, 1400 Lakeover Road, Suite 200, Jackson, MS, 39213 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Navigator Credit Union is currently searching for a talented Computer Programmer, someone who is seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact on an up and coming growing Credit Union.
POSITIONS: Computer Programmer (Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (Mississippi Gulf Coast Area)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Program advanced solutions to promote efficiency within the organization by working with other departments to determine software needs including design, testing, and implementation. Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and assist with project research, implementation, and system administrative duties. Provide second level support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm, select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm, and rotate after hours support with other IT staff. Second level support includes, but is not limited to, resolving basic hardware and software issues; assisting in the development and maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; monitoring vital system logs on a daily basis; maintaining inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; learning additional network or programming skills by attending specialized training; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of similar or related experience is recommended.
EDUCATION: College background in IT area or equivalent work experience is required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union. Experience with computer programming and application development – Symitar PowerOn, Symform, and SQL strongly preferred. Knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to email@example.com
Please click here for the job details and information on how to apply.
Consumer Loan Underwriter
Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union in Laurel, Mississippi, with almost $200 million in assets and six branch locations, is looking for a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their winning team.
- Responsible for approving and denying Consumer loans to achieve profitable member and asset growth.
- Identifies and calculates risk, works with staff to gather proper paperwork needed to assess loans.
- Maintains a professional approach to assessing the credit needs while following the established Lending Policies, Procedures and guidelines of the Credit Union and Federal/State rules and regulations.
- Promote and cross sell credit union products and services for all consumer loans that are underwritten.
- This position also maintains thorough knowledge of lending products and services and understands the department’s internal processes that support these products and services.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution
- Saturday rotation required; May also require occasional travel for training as needed
Applicants may apply online at www.sunbeltfcu.org
Central Sunbelt FCU is an EOE
Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union in Laurel, Mississippi, with almost $200 million in assets and six branch locations, is looking for a Mortgage Manager to join their winning team.
This individual will be charged with providing information on credit union products and services to loan staff/members in accordance with credit union policies and procedures and State and Federal rules and regulations. This individual will be responsible for interviewing and evaluating applicants for mortgage loans, processing various loan applications, preparing closing documents and setting up closing. Additionally this person will also gather background information, analyze loan applicants’ credit history and submit an approval package to the mortgage underwriter for review.
This is a department of one initially and will require a candidate with high energy, organization, great technical skills, intellect and be an analytical thinker possessing a high work ethic. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment are a must. Experience in mortgage origination, processing and credit review for at least 3 years is preferred.
Applicants may apply online at www.sunbeltfcu.org
Central Sunbelt FCU is an EOE