Mississippi credit unions wishing to post employment opportunities on the Association website should submit specific wording for their posting, along with instructions on how to apply, to email@example.com. When the position has been filled, please notify MSCUA so that we may remove the posting.
Please scroll down the page for details on the following positions:
- Vice President Compliance (Vicksburg)
- Branch Manager (Starkville)
- Manager/CEO (Jackson)
- Help Desk Specialist (Pascagoula)
- Computer Programmer (Pascagoula)
- Assistant Branch Manager (North MS)
- Branch Manager (Louisville, MS)
- Consumer Loan Underwriter (Laurel)
Vice President Compliance
Mutual Credit Union, Vicksburg, MS, is seeking a Vice President Compliance. Responsible for ensuring the policies and procedures of the Credit Union comply with the appropriate laws and regulations. Analyzes new and pending laws that could directly affect the Credit Union's current practices. Develop and revise current policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Ensures all affected areas of the Credit Union are kept informed of changing laws and procedures for implementation to be completed at the appropriate time.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes new and pending laws which will affect the Credit Union's current operations, develops and periodically reviews and updates the policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, notifies all affected parties of changes and the new procedures adopted. Serves as BSA Officer for Mutual.
- Develops and implements a compliance program to effectively review specific areas of the Credit Union for compliance.
- Coordinates projects that involve information disclosure and policy changes to inform staff of procedures that must be complied with.
- Prepares and presents periodic reports to the Board of Directors concerning the Credit Union's current record of compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all provisions of Mutual Credit Union and governmental regulations; policies and procedures.
- Develops a library of compliance resources.
- Work with Auditors/Examiners on all audits ensuring findings are reviewed and responded to accordingly.
- A college degree or relevant experience.
Interested applicants should not contact the credit union directly. To apply, email resume' and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "VP Compliance" in the subject field. (No phone calls, please.)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to lead and manage staff? Do you have 3+ years of management and employee development experience? Are you looking to work for a values based organization with competitive pay and great benefits? If you answered "yes" to these questions, Statewide Federal Credit Union is looking for you! Statewide Federal Credit Union invites well-qualified candidates to apply for our Starkville Branch Manager position.
As a member of the Leadership Team this position is responsible for providing valuable insights, information, ideas and expert opinions necessary to support the strategic direction and business plan objectives. Responsible for motivating, empowering and impassioning staff in a manner consistent with the Credit Union’s Purpose and philosophy; to create a culture where staff understand they are the key to our success and have a personally vested interest in the Credit Union.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager, this position provides supervision, direction and leadership to all staff within the branch by motivating, coaching and holding them accountable to the goals outlined for the branch. Provide ongoing technical training as necessary, as well as providing a team concept throughout the branch.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to, and daily management of, the member service functions of the Credit Union. Acting as a role model for appropriate behavior, genuinely participate in the decision making process of the Credit Union's future while helping staff to recognize and understand the reasoning behind leadership decisions.
- Provide sales and service coaching/training and technical training to staff.
- Effectively delivers community and business presentations with enthusiasm and energy, persuading membership growth.
- Visits community area businesses and organizations regularly in a systematic approach to develop new and long-term relationships with the Credit Union.
- Evaluate individual performance, provide frequent feedback, and conduct performance evaluations. Recommend promotions, transfers, terminations and/or other changes.
- Lead the effort to develop branch strategies required to meet or exceed annual branch performance goals.
- Strengthen member relationships and coach employees to identify member needs and offer credit union products that meet those needs.
- Administer all personnel policies and work rules consistent with Credit Union's philosophy.
- Analyze the work flow of the member services structure in all areas, and recommend changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Personally fill in to assist with any area of the branch operations when needed.
- Monitor market conditions and changes to financial services/products; research and recommend new/improved services/products to the CEO.
- Keep branch clean, clutter free, welcoming, and have the proper marketing material displayed.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services and the legal, regulatory and compliance issues that may affect them.
- College Degree preferred
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in a credit union, bank or related field.
- Experience in business development
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects
- Strong leadership and development skills to effectively train and motivate staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Submit resume' and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Statewide FCU provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, disability or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
It is the policy of Statewide FCU to comply with all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Statewide FCU will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. Statewide FCU will also make reasonable accommodations whenever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not create an undue hardship to the Credit Union.
A $6.6 million credit union in Jackson, MS, is seeking a Credit Union Manager/CEO. Strong leadership, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills needed. Proficiency in budgeting, marketing, cash management, regulatory compliance, planning and financial analysis desired. A Banking/Finance, Business, or Accounting degree is preferred.
Email resume’ and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Manager Search" in the subject field. (No phone calls, please.)
Help Desk Specialist (Full-time)
Posted 7/20/15 - Expires 8/10/15
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Providing support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm and select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm. Support includes, but is not limited to, assisting Navigator employees in resolving basic hardware and software issues by opening and monitoring Help Desk calls, emails, and tickets; assist in maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; assist in the maintenance of inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; assist in processing of IT related daily and monthly tasks; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Six months similar or related experience recommended.
EDUCATION: High school diploma
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union; knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to life a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to email@example.com
Posted 07/20/15 - Expires 8/20/15
Navigator Credit Union is currently searching for a talented Computer Programmer, someone who is seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact on an up and coming growing Credit Union.
POSITIONS: Computer Programmer (Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (Mississippi Gulf Coast Area)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Program advanced solutions to promote efficiency within the organization by working with other departments to determine software needs including design, testing, and implementation. Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and assist with project research, implementation, and system administrative duties. Provide second level support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm, select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm, and rotate after hours support with other IT staff. Second level support includes, but is not limited to, resolving basic hardware and software issues; assisting in the development and maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; monitoring vital system logs on a daily basis; maintaining inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; learning additional network or programming skills by attending specialized training; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of similar or related experience is recommended.
EDUCATION: College background in IT area or equivalent work experience is required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union. Experience with computer programming and application development – Symitar PowerOn, Symform, and SQL strongly preferred. Knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Branch Manager
Posted April 20, 2015
An $18M, full service credit union with locations in Southaven and Senatobia, Mississippi is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. The credit union is dedicated to providing prompt, courteous and friendly service to its members. The credit union has consistently been awarded the Bauer Financial Reports highest rating (5 stars), designating the credit union as one of the most financially sound in the country.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/CEO in the day-to-day management of the credit union
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, knowledgeable and courteous member service
- Responsible for monitoring of cash operations and internal-auditing efforts to maintain asset security and operational limits
- Responsible for compliance and reviews of all required policies, practices and procedures
- Works with the Operations Manager in mentoring, developing, and training employees to maintain skills, strong cohesion, high morale, and high performance levels
- Leads and supports employees in the promotion of existing products and services; and cross sales of same services
- Promotes credit union business development within the community and seeks to broaden member base
- Assists with collections and reporting of same
- Supports and performs duties related to loan processing, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and direct deposit functions. Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of credit union and/or banking lending practices, principles and regulations
- Experience in member service operations, preferably in a credit union
- Experience in responding effectively to highly sensitive, complex and/or urgent member requests
- Experience in supervising and leading employees
- Experience in credit union industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a group atmosphere
- Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Interested applicants should not contact the credit union directly. To apply, email a letter of interest along with a resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please put "Assistant Branch Manager" in the subject field. (No phone calls, please.)
Consumer Loan Underwriter
Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union in Laurel, Mississippi, with almost $200 million in assets and six branch locations, is looking for a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their winning team.
- Responsible for approving and denying Consumer loans to achieve profitable member and asset growth.
- Identifies and calculates risk, works with staff to gather proper paperwork needed to assess loans.
- Maintains a professional approach to assessing the credit needs while following the established Lending Policies, Procedures and guidelines of the Credit Union and Federal/State rules and regulations.
- Promote and cross sell credit union products and services for all consumer loans that are underwritten.
- This position also maintains thorough knowledge of lending products and services and understands the department’s internal processes that support these products and services.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution
- Saturday rotation required; May also require occasional travel for training as needed
Applicants may apply online at www.sunbeltfcu.org
Central Sunbelt FCU is an EOE