Mississippi credit unions wishing to post employment opportunities on the Association website should submit specific wording for their posting, along with instructions on how to apply, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the position has been filled, please notify MSCUA so that we may remove the posting.
Please scroll down the page for details on the following positions:
- Member Service Representative (Flowood)
- Manager/CEO (Jackson)
- Help Desk Specialist (Pascagoula)
- Computer Programmer (Pascagoula)
- Assistant Branch Manager (North MS)
- Branch Manager (Louisville, MS)
- Consumer Loan Underwriter (Laurel)
Member Service Representative
POSITION SUMMARY: Contribute to the success of the Credit Union by providing superior service according to The Credit Union’s Service Promise. Assist members with inquiries, requests, and/or problems in a friendly, respectful, courteous, and professional manner. Maintain branch surroundings that reflect the Credit Union’s commitment to provide a friendly, respectful, courteous and professional business environment for all Credit Union members. Contribute to member satisfaction and retention. Expand member’s relationships by identifying and meeting members' needs by effectively cross-selling all Credit Union products and services. Provide accurate routine member transactions in accordance with Credit Union policy. Provide routine information on Credit Union services or policies.
For the full job description and instructions on how to apply, click here.
A $6.6 million credit union in Jackson, MS, is seeking a Credit Union Manager/CEO. Strong leadership, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills needed. Proficiency in budgeting, marketing, cash management, regulatory compliance, planning and financial analysis desired. A Banking/Finance, Business, or Accounting degree is preferred. Submit resume’ and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Search" in the subject field.
Help Desk Specialist (Full-time)
Posted 7/20/15 - Expires 8/10/15
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Providing support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm and select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm. Support includes, but is not limited to, assisting Navigator employees in resolving basic hardware and software issues by opening and monitoring Help Desk calls, emails, and tickets; assist in maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; assist in the maintenance of inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; assist in processing of IT related daily and monthly tasks; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Six months similar or related experience recommended.
EDUCATION: High school diploma
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union; knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to life a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 07/20/15 - Expires 8/20/15
Navigator Credit Union is currently searching for a talented Computer Programmer, someone who is seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact on an up and coming growing Credit Union.
POSITIONS: Computer Programmer (Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (Mississippi Gulf Coast Area)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Program advanced solutions to promote efficiency within the organization by working with other departments to determine software needs including design, testing, and implementation. Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and assist with project research, implementation, and system administrative duties. Provide second level support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm, select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm, and rotate after hours support with other IT staff. Second level support includes, but is not limited to, resolving basic hardware and software issues; assisting in the development and maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; monitoring vital system logs on a daily basis; maintaining inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; learning additional network or programming skills by attending specialized training; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of similar or related experience is recommended.
EDUCATION: College background in IT area or equivalent work experience is required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union. Experience with computer programming and application development – Symitar PowerOn, Symform, and SQL strongly preferred. Knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to email@example.com
Assistant Branch Manager
Posted April 20, 2015
An $18M, full service credit union with locations in Southaven and Senatobia, Mississippi is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. The credit union is dedicated to providing prompt, courteous and friendly service to its members. The credit union has consistently been awarded the Bauer Financial Reports highest rating (5 stars), designating the credit union as one of the most financially sound in the country.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/CEO in the day-to-day management of the credit union
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, knowledgeable and courteous member service
- Responsible for monitoring of cash operations and internal-auditing efforts to maintain asset security and operational limits
- Responsible for compliance and reviews of all required policies, practices and procedures
- Works with the Operations Manager in mentoring, developing, and training employees to maintain skills, strong cohesion, high morale, and high performance levels
- Leads and supports employees in the promotion of existing products and services; and cross sales of same services
- Promotes credit union business development within the community and seeks to broaden member base
- Assists with collections and reporting of same
- Supports and performs duties related to loan processing, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and direct deposit functions. Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of credit union and/or banking lending practices, principles and regulations
- Experience in member service operations, preferably in a credit union
- Experience in responding effectively to highly sensitive, complex and/or urgent member requests
- Experience in supervising and leading employees
- Experience in credit union industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a group atmosphere
- Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Interested applicants should not contact the credit union directly. Please respond with a letter of interest along with a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Loan Underwriter
Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union in Laurel, Mississippi, with almost $200 million in assets and six branch locations, is looking for a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their winning team.
- Responsible for approving and denying Consumer loans to achieve profitable member and asset growth.
- Identifies and calculates risk, works with staff to gather proper paperwork needed to assess loans.
- Maintains a professional approach to assessing the credit needs while following the established Lending Policies, Procedures and guidelines of the Credit Union and Federal/State rules and regulations.
- Promote and cross sell credit union products and services for all consumer loans that are underwritten.
- This position also maintains thorough knowledge of lending products and services and understands the department’s internal processes that support these products and services.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution
- Saturday rotation required; May also require occasional travel for training as needed
Applicants may apply online at www.sunbeltfcu.org
Central Sunbelt FCU is an EOE