Mississippi credit unions wishing to post employment opportunities on the Association website should submit specific wording for their posting, along with instructions on how to apply, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the position has been filled, please notify MSCUA so that we may remove the posting.
Please scroll down the page for details on the following positions:
- Branch General Clerk Float (Tupelo)
- Assistant Branch Manager (North MS)
- Assistant Vice President of Collections (Biloxi)
- President (Hattiesburg)
- Computer Programmer (Pascagoula)
- Branch Manager (Louisville, MS)
- Consumer Loan Underwriter (Laurel)
- Branch Manager (Canton)
Branch General Clerk Float - Tupelo
Please read this job description carefully and only apply if you meet all of the qualifications. Those resumes received that do not meet the minimum pre-requisite experience or pre-requisite requirements will not be considered.
The starting salary for this position is $23,920 with the possibility of merit increases based on exceptional, consistent performance . The selected candidate will also be entitled to a generous benefit package (medical, dental, vacation time, sick time, LTD, 401(k)) upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Reports To : Group Leader
Job Summary : Primary Duties are dependent on assignment…Provide adequate coverage and support for all areas of operation at the Tupelo location. Build positive relationships with all members by providing accurate, friendly service. Educate and refer members to Credit Union services that can help each individual member. Employee may be trained in multiple positions.
All job positions at Brightview Credit Union may be assigned further duties with or without notice, verbally or in writing. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Duties require maximum public contact with members, potential members and fellow employees. Must maintain a cooperative and positive attitude.
- Maintains high accuracy in handling of all transactions and assigned duties, especially those dealing with cash and members’ accounts. Remain compliant with Credit Union check handling policies. This position supports the Member Service Line in a backup capacity during peak times, lunches, vacations or illnesses etc.
- Maintains referral/sales goals such as deposits/loans and other services at the acceptable level as determined by the Credit Union.
- Responsible for all functions associated with opening, maintain and closing accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: New Membership Account, Sub-Accounts, IRA’s, Share Certificates, Custodial Accounts, Deceased Accounts and Trust Accounts.
- Inputs, verifies and updates loan applications into the system according to current procedures.
- Must represent the Credit Union in a professional manner. Must be neat in appearance and punctual.
- Must keep members transactions and other Credit Union business in the strictest of confidence.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to detect fraudulent items including, but not limited to; currency, checks, identification.
- Must be exceptionally alert and possess maximum maturity to handle unusual situations including but not limited to problem solving and handling different behavioral styles of the members.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer or any machine or resources provided to the incumbent employee to use. Also must be proficient in any applicable software, in the use of a calculator and have a basic knowledge of the Internet.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to detect fraudulent items including, but not limited to; currency, checks, identification.
- The incumbent must possess a thorough understanding of all applicable areas of the Credit Union, support a variety of positions and job functions, and be able to work independently.
- Performs all duties in compliance with Federal and State regulations, BCU Board policies, as well as departmental and credit union procedures.
Travel Demands : Very limited. In rare instances, may need to cover at other locations or travel for training.
Prerequisite Education : High school diploma or equivalent
Prerequisite Experience : Prior sales experience preferred. Prior cash handling experience required. Prior lending experience required.
Availability : Saturday rotation required.
All resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
Assistant Branch Manager
Posted April 20, 2015
An $18M, full service credit union with locations in Southaven and Senatobia, Mississippi is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager. The credit union is dedicated to providing prompt, courteous and friendly service to its members. The credit union has consistently been awarded the Bauer Financial Reports highest rating (5 stars), designating the credit union as one of the most financially sound in the country.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Manager/CEO in the day-to-day management of the credit union
- Responsible for providing prompt, professional, knowledgeable and courteous member service
- Responsible for monitoring of cash operations and internal-auditing efforts to maintain asset security and operational limits
- Responsible for compliance and reviews of all required policies, practices and procedures
- Works with the Operations Manager in mentoring, developing, and training employees to maintain skills, strong cohesion, high morale, and high performance levels
- Leads and supports employees in the promotion of existing products and services; and cross sales of same services
- Promotes credit union business development within the community and seeks to broaden member base
- Assists with collections and reporting of same
- Supports and performs duties related to loan processing, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and direct deposit functions. Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Summary of Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of credit union and/or banking lending practices, principles and regulations
- Experience in member service operations, preferably in a credit union
- Experience in responding effectively to highly sensitive, complex and/or urgent member requests
- Experience in supervising and leading employees
- Experience in credit union industry best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a group atmosphere
- Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Interested applicants should not contact the credit union directly. Please respond with a letter of interest along with a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Vice President of Collections
Keesler Federal Credit Union, headquarter on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Collections. This position is a senior level position which reports directly to the Vice President of Consumer Lending. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the overall functions of the Collections Department, which consists of supervising all personnel and ensuing work flow and methods comply with the credit union’s established guidelines to ensure maximum loan loss prevention; maintaining acceptable delinquencies and charge off levels as set forth by senior management; ensuring that all collection, foreclosure, repossession, counseling, bankruptcy and legal activities conform to all legal and internal policies; implementing systems that ensure an effective and efficient delinquency control system, including but not limited to accounts that are in the delinquency pipeline, P&L accounts, repossession accounts and bankrupt accounts; overseeing asset dispositions and workout loan requests, including real estate; managing real estate collections including but not limited to mortgage modifications, REO management, and foreclosure process; efficient management of the repossession fleet, including but not limited to movement of vehicles to the auction, preparing vehicles for sale to the public, and approving bids on repossessions within credit union guidelines; reviewing and recommending accounts for charge off to senior management; determining the best means of recovery of charge off loans and ensuring they are worked properly by the staff, collection agency or attorney; reviewing potential judgment accounts and recommends them to senior management for approval; keeping up with the changing Bankruptcy Laws in relation to how they could affect the credit union and updates personnel as needed; maintaining up-to-date knowledge concerning credit laws, collection laws, effective collection strategies, and legal remedies; coaching and mentoring the staff to assist in or personally handling the resolution of problems on difficult collection accounts in the best interest of the credit union; ensuring that department employees are following collection, repossession, foreclosure, bankruptcy, legal, recovery, collection agency use, risk management, subpoena, levy, garnishment, and clerical policies and procedures; reviewing all collection queues on a regular basis to ensure that accounts are being worked ; reporting daily/weekly/monthly regarding delinquency, repossessions, bankruptcies, recoveries, foreclosures, and charge offs and ensuring full utilization of Collections Technology to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Minimum requirements: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Five to eight years of similar or related experience, with a minimum of five years collection experience and minimum of three years collection management experience. Applicant must be bondable, possess adequate knowledge of collection laws and regulations, possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record and have the ability to communicate effectively with members, credit union employees, and credit union officials and explain technical concepts in layman terms. Applicants must have the ability to supervise, train, and motivate staff to meet departmental goals, be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as use of internet and e-mail. Collections package experience with proficiency in queue management and extensive use of personal PC required.
Keesler Federal Credit Union is an EOE. Disabled/Veteran/M/F.
Applicants may apply online at www.kfcu.org.
Credit Union President
Hattiesburg Laurel Federal Credit Union is seeking a highly motivated leader to plan, direct and control all credit union activities in accordance with credit union plans, policies, directives, and activities as established by the board of directors. Responsibilities include ensuring financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, the employees, and the credit union; providing strategic direction, vision, leadership, and management in all areas; and fostering a team approach to credit union operations with staff and board of directors.
Executive experience in a financial institution, a business degree, budgeting, and supervisory experience is desired.
No phone calls please. A letter of interest, resume, and salary history may be sent to: CEO Search, 1400 Lakeover Road, Suite 200, Jackson, MS, 39213 or emailed to: email@example.com
Navigator Credit Union is currently searching for a talented Computer Programmer, someone who is seeking an opportunity to make a significant impact on an up and coming growing Credit Union.
POSITIONS: Computer Programmer (Full-time)
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (Mississippi Gulf Coast Area)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Program advanced solutions to promote efficiency within the organization by working with other departments to determine software needs including design, testing, and implementation. Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and assist with project research, implementation, and system administrative duties. Provide second level support for the IT Help Desk Monday – Friday from 8:30am until 5:00pm, select Saturdays from 7:30am until 1:30pm, and rotate after hours support with other IT staff. Second level support includes, but is not limited to, resolving basic hardware and software issues; assisting in the development and maintenance of internal departmental documentation and procedures; monitoring vital system logs on a daily basis; maintaining inventory of all necessary IT related equipment; learning additional network or programming skills by attending specialized training; as well as performing other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of similar or related experience is recommended.
EDUCATION: College background in IT area or equivalent work experience is required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to employees and vendors of Navigator Credit Union. Experience with computer programming and application development – Symitar PowerOn, Symform, and SQL strongly preferred. Knowledge of personal computers to include Microsoft software products as well as basic computer hardware; some basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles; and strong problem solving skills and attention to detail is required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds while moving IT equipment. Job may require special hours such as upgrades, special projects, and some holidays. Must be willing to travel, as the job may require offsite training and IT testing. Must possess professional, interpersonal skills to communicate information, both oral and written, courteously and effectively to other credit union employees and vendors.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for the job details and information on how to apply.
Consumer Loan Underwriter
Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union in Laurel, Mississippi, with almost $200 million in assets and six branch locations, is looking for a Consumer Loan Underwriter to join their winning team.
- Responsible for approving and denying Consumer loans to achieve profitable member and asset growth.
- Identifies and calculates risk, works with staff to gather proper paperwork needed to assess loans.
- Maintains a professional approach to assessing the credit needs while following the established Lending Policies, Procedures and guidelines of the Credit Union and Federal/State rules and regulations.
- Promote and cross sell credit union products and services for all consumer loans that are underwritten.
- This position also maintains thorough knowledge of lending products and services and understands the department’s internal processes that support these products and services.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least two years of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution
- Saturday rotation required; May also require occasional travel for training as needed
Applicants may apply online at www.sunbeltfcu.org
Central Sunbelt FCU is an EOE
Excellent opportunity immediately available for Branch Manager of Veritas FCU’s Canton, MS branch operation. The successful candidate will work with a staff of three to lead this remote branch location of a $40M Tennessee-based credit union serving Nissan employees nationwide. Candidate will be responsible for all branch functions, including assuring high quality member service, recruiting, hiring and training personnel, loan production, and maintaining relationships within the local community. Experience in consumer lending, regulations essential to success. Prefer bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a credit union environment; CU specific certifications are highly desirable. Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume and salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com for confidential consideration.